The University Farm focuses on three different areas: practical farming education for students, research activities under the direction of teachers and technical staffs, and farm management. The farm was founded in 1958, and after many changes in organization, is now comprised of four distinct divisions: crop science, livestock production, pomology and olericuture-floriculture. The total area of the farm is approximately 17-hectare of inclined topography. The inclined areas have been initially used for livestock management, tea plantation and orchards. Some flat areas have been used for horticultural crop cultivation under grass and paddy field. In addition to practical education, the farm also provides advice and direction for graduate and undergraduate students. Diverse research projects, emphasizing the latest agricultural topics are currently being conducted under both laboratory and field environments.