The Center for Industrial-Academic Partnership and Intellectual Property has been renamed in April 2018, Its aims to promote joint research projects between Kagawa University and regional industries and to promote the social contribution that utilized intellectual properties(IP) of the Kagawa University effectively. The main duties and affairs of the center are as follows;
(1) Promoting joint or commissioned researches with regional companies and research organizations.
(2) Contract procedures related to the joint or commissioned researches with regional companies.
(3) Scientific and technical consultation intellectual support.
(4) Publicity works about university’s researches and activities.
(5) Finding out IP and making and maintaining them to the university rights.
(6) Organizing the contract researches with industries using IP.
(7) Licensing IP to industries.
(8) Selecting and applying IP to start up new businesses.