Research Student Course
To be a full-time student of the Graduate School of Engineering, Kagawa University, you are strongly recommended to study at our campus first as a research student for six months or one year.
Required documents for application;
- Application (form 1): available only in Japanese
* for undergraduate degree holder
PDF (45KB) WORD (13KB)
* for master's degree holder
PDF (46KB) WORD (29KB)
- CV: academic background must be from elementary school to final school
- Graduation certificate and academic transcript from final school
- Recommendation letter from final school
- Medical check-up / Health certification: no specified format
- Guarantor's certification for your tuition fee and living expense in Japan
e.g. bank account certification, certificate of employment, certificate of salary
- Two color ID photos: Size: 40mm x 30mm
- Passport copy
- Language proficiency certificate (Japanese, English or both)
*Applicant must submit original copy for document 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.
*Prior to the application, applicant must contact a professor to discuss about application (form 1). For contact details, please click here (researchers database).
*Applicant must submit all documents in Japanese or English. If documents are written in any other language besides Japanese or English, translation must be attached.
Required fee for application:
1. Examination fee 9,800 yen (non-refundable)
* Fees are subjected to change.
* Admission fee of 84,600 yen and tuition fee of 29,700 yen per month must be paid after examination process is completed.
Please submit your application to;
Faculty of Engineering and Design, Kagawa University
Educational Affairs Section
2217-20 Hayashi-cho, Takamatsu, Kagawa, 761-0396 Japan
Tel: (+81) 087-864-2028